Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Eliza


I was introduced to this magazine through LT aka Laura Field, because Layers advertises with them... It is a magazine that is the for the modest fashionable women. I was flipping through and saw a few interesting things...





One... a fellow Layers wearer and friend Sandy Smith and her BF were featured in a make-over article! Crazy huh? She said that they were babysitting outside of the LA Temple for a wedding and the editor from Eliza just came up to them and asked if they would like to participate...Although there are a few mistakes in the catalog, one being that Sandy's dress is from Forever 21 and they put layers.com (which isn't even an actual website) I still enjoyed it. (Don't mind my horrible scan)

Two... I just really liked the article written by Laura Warner for the following:

I not only learned to embrace trends but I learned to disregard them. While deeply entrenched in a denim craze, I didn't feel the need to wear low-rise jeans. Even though my higher-waisted pants may have dropped my coolness factor, the knowledge that my muffin top was tucked in was worth it.

Three... I was a little upset to see that next to an interview they did with Layers Owner, Michelle Boley, they put her "religion" as The Church of Latter Day Saints. I didn't catch it the first time... I was too busy thinking they should have just put Christian seeing that the other 3 women they interviewed all said Muslim, Jewish and Christian... Anyway...Get the name right at least! They missed the most important part! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

All in all though I did enjoy the magazine. It comes out 4 times a year and is $13.97 for a year subscription. www.elizamagazine.com.

9 comments:

  1. Ahh!! Very cute blog! Yeah I am just sitting here checking things out while I wait for you this time to call me. Pay back, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see your blog for Eliza. I just got the magazine last week and was going to subscribe to it. The creator of the magazine is Kyle's mission companion's wife Summer. I noticed that they didn't include Jesus Christ in the name of our church also. I think they need an editor....do you think I can do it as a stay at home job!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they need an editor bad! They actually have one... or least there is one listed in the credits but I found several mistakes; mostly with websites... It's a fun mag though; I think it's definitely worth the $$.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeeey, looooove the new blog decorations!!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eliza....good magazine! Good people Summer and her hubs Kerry are good people out trying to do something different and change the face of Hollywood. They do it without throwing modesty, morals, and values in your face like some over zealous mormons do, but rather through showing a fashionable, tasteful approach...props to them and to jodee for always finding mistakes in EVERYTHING!!! She should be the editor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY.. Was that COUNTRY I hear on your blog!?? I think Justin and I are rubbing off on you two, too much! JK I like the Tim McGraw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!