Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

6 months!



Brighton is 6 months today and had her check up. She's still so chubby, but has started to slow down.

Her Stats:
  • 16 lbs 6 oz - 75th percentile
  • 27 Inches - 95th percentile
  • 17 Inch Head - 75 percentile

Some things for documentation:
  • She sits up well and loves it
  • Reaches and lunges for things
  • Says dadada, bababa, and blah blah blah. (Usually when I'm talking to much :)
  • Loves rice cereal, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes and green beans (in that order).
  • Gagged when I gave her Apple Sauce last night
  • Is wearing 9 month and some 12 month clothes
  • Size 4 diapers
  • Still loves watching Baby Einstein videos
  • Eats her toes
  • Chews on her thumb
  • Still loves the bath (we've graduated to the kitchen sink), and loves to splash and catch drops in her mouth.
  • Doesn't roll over, or move on the ground. Which is fine by me.
  • Is terrified of my blow dryer.
  • Goes to sleep on her own. And is sleeping from 7:30pm - 4:30am nurses and then goes right back down until 7:30/8:00am.
  • Is finally napping longer than 30 minutes. She usually takes 3, 1 - 1 1/2 hour naps.
  • Started reaching for me
  • Got her first bottom tooth, but it's not all the way up yet.

Loves the doorway jumper and the
Baby Einstein Activity Jumper at Nanas.


Gobbles up the Star Puffs, and can gather them in her fist.
Can hold a toy with her tongue

Arches her way off of the bouncer chair

Can feed herself with a spoon
I'm joking of course.

Sits like a big girl in a stroller and high chair.


Doesn't like limes, ranch dressing or blueberry muffins... yet
Nicknames:
  • Poopy
  • Misses
  • Sister
  • Bright

I love her more and more every day, but these milestones make me so sad. She is so fun. Braden and I just love playing with her and she is starting to be more cuddly. Yaaay! We love you B!

PS. Chuck Liddell and B have the same hair do.

8 comments:

  1. STOP IT ALL! I just can't believe what a big, happy and adorable girl she is. The toy in the tongue is killing me...totally cracked up when I saw that. She is just hysterical with that tongue!!!! I love seeing her all the time and watching her grow. Now her and audrey can sit together in high chairs at chik...aud is gonna LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooooo cute! That tongue is the best. I love how she can hold toys with it!!
    Her smile is also to die for.
    Happy six months!

    p.s.
    your last post on your love for cleaning products melts my heart. I too have a love affair with all things that sanitize and bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like the others, am way impressed with those tongue tricks. Brighton is one of those babies that, when you see them, you can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up with your 'sadness'everytime she does something new!!! But I think that's good that you are savoring every moment. She gets cuter and cuter everyday! Give her a big kiss from Grandma. (I gotta get that web cam - she's old enough to start recognizing me now)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is too adorable! That was a really fun 6 month post. I bet she will love Baby Einstein for a long time. My kids still love watching them! And by the way, your labels always make me chuckle...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jodee I can't believe she is already six months and has a tooth. She is adorable. And you look so good by the way. You look like you've lost a lot of weight. Good job! So I still have your Christmas present sitting in my coat closet. Don't you think its about time I send it to you??:) I hope everything is going well. I want to call and talk to you because at Christmas we said we would keep in touch more often and we totally haven't. I hope everything is going good for you. I miss your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-DOR-ABLE!! That IS one amazing tongue, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!