Miss Happy is now 6 months old. It is absolutely incredible how fast it has gone by.
She is such a happy girl, and even when she's crying you can almost always get her to smile...in the day.
However, once night time comes, she's a different baby. She rarely sleeps more than 4 hours, and when I've tried to let her cry she screams bloody murder with the most horrible throaty scream ever. And now even when I do feed her it's not always just right back to bed. I have no idea what is going on with her. I guess it must be her teeth. But 45 minutes of crying, and then another 45 of walking with her just end up nursing her anyway is too much for me, so I've given up for now.
Besides the lack of night time sleeping though, she is awesome. Her personality is starting to really show through. She loves to try to get Brighton to laugh and is always begging her for attention.
She also:
Eats solids like a champ. I am so thankful to have another good eater (so far).
Loves her daddy. I can be playing with her, giving her all of my attention and she will still stare at him across the room and squeal trying to get him to look.
Loves the bath, and is a good splasher. We really need to graduate out of the kitchen sink. Especially since ours is like 5 inches deep.
Is getting better at grabbing toys and reaching for things she wants.
Doesn't seem close to crawling which if fine by me, and only rolls from back to belly.
Has the chubbiest legs right now and I want to squeeze them all day.
Still likes a bottle, still likes formula, even from me.
Still hates her pacifier (unless she's using it as a toy)... I keep trying though.
Likes to go for walks in the stroller sitting up.
Loves TV.
L-O-V-E-S silk. She always finds the silky tags on toys and blankets and sucks on it. She definitely has a favorite blanket (that has satin on one side).
Is spitting up a lot less.
Chews on her fingers constantly.
Wears 3-6 and 6 month clothes. It's worked out really well that she's a little smaller than Brighton, so the hand me down clothes and the seasons are matching up perfect :)
She has the cutest sigh type of babbling right now. I'll have to get it on tap. But no da-da, or ba-ba sounds yet.
It is so interesting how much you forget! I was just looking at Brighton's 6 month post. It hasn't even crossed my mind to give Boston puffs, and I tell everyone that Brighton didn't sleep longer than 30 minutes until she was at least 9 months old. OOPS! I mean 6 months I guess. I sure seemed like forever!
Here is a sister comparison:
We sure love you baby bos!!


CCCUUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is sooooo cute!! I love the sister comparison. I keep meaning to do that with my boys. Bos is such a sweet girl. Love her big smile!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! Just can't wait to see her and hold her! Love the comparison.
ReplyDelete