I hate laundry.
I love clothes.
But, I hate laundry.
Who doesn't?
I cannot stay on top of it.
Well...actually I should say, I cannot stay motivated to stay on top of it.
I am one lucky girl. Braden folds all of the clothes 99% of the time.
I am not so lucky in that I don't have my own washer/dryer and have to cart my laundry down to the laundry room.
And pay for it.
I use to only do laundry once a week for this reason. Resulting in a day of doing 6-8 loads. (The washers are tiny).
Like I said, Braden folds.
But the putting away is really what gets me.
I hate it. I mean, really hate it.
I think even more than unloading the dishwasher. Which I guess, is the same type of thing.
Now I try and do it twice a week. Although it's not so time consuming, taking up the majority of a day, I still cannot seem to get them all put away before I'm needing to do another couple of loads.
Suggestions?
How can I make it seem like less of a "chore"?

Sorry I have no suggestions because I love doing laundry. Really. I love having clean clothes. Granted it helps to have your own washer/dryer. Maybe reward yourself with a treat after so many loads?
ReplyDeleteWell, obviously I like having clean clothes. I just tend to leave them in piles (folded) on my floor rather than hanging them in my closet or putting them in drawers :(
ReplyDeleteI can relate! I don't mind running them through the machines, although it takes a great deal of convincing to walk myself across the patio to the laundry room. However, I'm with you! I take DAYS to put away clean clothes. I know it's bad. Currently I have a basket full of clean clothes that have been sitting there for two days....it just feels like such a chore!
ReplyDeleteWith the 6 of us now, I feel like there is a mountain of laundry produced every other day! I only wash once a week, but it's an all day thing! I'm like you though... I despise putting them away! The older kids can put theirs away, but then there's mine, the babys, the towels, the burp cloths, the wash cloths, the blankets, the kitchen towels & rags, the bibs, the socks... Let's just say I have a big pile in my bedroom I live out of :)
ReplyDeleteI hhhhhhate laundry too. I just turn on a movie after the girls are in bed and go to town. But I usually let a week of a pile in my bedroom build up before I do that.
ReplyDeletei HATE folding, so give braden ten points for that!
ReplyDeletei do the same thing as kellie...i turn on a show and try to make it relaxing. but usually my mom does my laundry...sorrrrrry!
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. It is so hard to stay on top of it. I was folding the laundry the other night and made a sarcastic remark to Derek like, "Haven't done this in a while..." I totally feel for ya on not having your own washer and dryer. I think that would make it so much harder. I don't have any suggestions but I like the first idea of a treat for yourself. Treats are so much better when you feel like you've earned them... and maybe it will motivate you to do the laundry to get the treat. :)
ReplyDeleteIf someone gives you an amazing suggestions pass it on to the rest of us! I hate laundry too. With the exception of towels and blankets. For some reason I love folding those. Once I have everything washed and piled on my bed I put on a movie, fold it and then a couple days later it might find its way into drawers.
ReplyDeleteIt's the darn putting it away that gets me. I can't sit in front of the TV and do that.
ReplyDeleteI get more overwhelmed when I have too many clothes in circulation -- you know, like when you have "nothing to wear" but your drawers are still full? It's easier for me if I only have the stuff I really wear, fits perfect, is in season. The rest can be stored and then you don't have to deal with already full drawers/closets when you're putting away.
ReplyDeleteALSO--dry cleaning is so worth it for a lot of things, like blouses and church clothes (especially men's church clothes). Then it comes back already ironed and on a hanger and the ironed look lasts a lot longer so you'll wash and iron it less.
I hate it too... Mike does most of the laundry.
I had the same thought...about my closet being too full. So I did fill a trash bag to give away (too big for your skinny butt, I'm sure). I think that will make it less frustrating. I did just go through my girls drawers as well.
DeleteI think rather than a reward for putting things away, I'm just not going to let myself do anything else until it's done. Well, I guess that will be rewarding myself with like TV or something. AND having the goal to put it ALL away within 24 hours of it being folded.
Have Braden fold AND put away. Sorry, Braden.
ReplyDelete