Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally Released!

I felt the need to document that Braden was finally released from being a Primary Teacher this past Sunday! He was extended that calling before church on our very first Sunday in our Ward, and has been there ever since. Our entire Stake was realigned a few weeks ago, resulting in new ward members, new bishopric, and another 51 changes in our ward happened this past Sunday... 51! Craziness. He really enjoyed working with the primary kids, and I think was pretty much everyone's teacher that is 7 and up at one point or another. I think he'll miss it, but it will be nice for him to be able to attend Elders Quorum. His new calling is the Assistant Ward Mission Leader, so that should be fun... I guess. (I have no clue what he'll be doing).

Don't you worry though... even with all of the new people, and changes, I still managed to keep my two callings. So yes, I am still the Primary Chorister for Junior/Senior AND the Ward Choir Director. Just to give you an idea of how tiring this is (at 7 months pregnant): At Ward Choir on Sunday, we were just meeting for 30 minutes to run through the song we'll be singing in Sacrament on June 29th. The pianist plays the intro, I raise my hands to bring everyone in, and full on start singing the right words, but to the tune of Love is Spoken Here. (A song we had just sung in primary several times over the last 2 hours). I had to totally stop everyone, and get my barrings before I got the right melody in my head! It was pretty funny.

3 comments:

  1. I want to know all the changes! There was talk about reorganizing the stake back when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! That's so funny about your singing.
    I'm curious to know how you knew the exact number of changes to the ward. Extend a huge congrats to Braden on being released. I'm not sure if a congrats is in order for Assist. Ward Missionary. I think I was the assistant by default! Is it bad to say I'm a little happy to be released from that one?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Braden on his big release.

    I thought for sure the second paragraph of that post would be a release for you too...no such luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!