My mommy arrived the day before the show to spend a little extra time with us. We ate at BJ's for dinner. We hadn't been for a good few years, and it was pretty darn good. The kids macaroni could have fed 5 kids. My mom and I both had their Chicken Tortilla Soup. One of the best I've ever had.
Boston loves her Panka:
Friday, we played at Liberty Park and grabbed lunch at Corner Bakery. Brighton was so upset.... I had mentioned Panda during my list of "what was around", and that is all she talked about until we took her their the next day. That girl will down a whole order of Mushroom Chicken in like 2 minutes.
We went home, put the girls down for a nap, and then dressed up for our big night out!
Of course we had to eat at Cielito Lindo (Olvera Street) since it was on the way.
My mom, my Uncle Stan and Aunt Debbie
We made it to the Pantages Theater with about an hour to spare.
Plenty of time to take some awesome cliche pictures. But who doesn't, right?
Here's my mom after she bought herself a Wicked necklace. She was so giddy, it was cute :)
A word to the wise, The Pantages staff is hard core about their "no picture" rule inside of the theater. I figured it would just be after it started... but they are like crazy nazi strict.
This is my mom freaking out that my flash was going off... it makes me giggle.
Thanks to my Uncle Stan we had 5th row seats, perfectly center. So amazing. The show was awesome, of course. I felt lucky, because according to the couple next to us, Glinda played by Katie Rose Clarke is the funniest/best Glinda they'd ever seen. Since they had seen it 9 other times all over the U.S. I figured their opinion counted.
She was hilarious; my mom and I were rolling. She reminded me of Kristin Wiig on SNL. You know, the "suprised" character? She was just so good with the exaggerated expressions, etc. I wish I could accurately describe it...
I am already dieing to see it again.
Saturday we enjoyed an evening at Uncle Stans with all of their kids and grandkids. Then my mom joined us for Church Sunday and headed home. We miss her already! Thanks for the funnest weekend mom. Love you!





I LOVED the Glinda she was hilarious! Her "flip flip" cracked me up every time. We had the standby Elpheba and she was just okay. We are seeing it again in San Diego because it was SO good!
ReplyDeleteI need to go edit my post! Elpheba (Mamie Parris), was amazing. I loved her voice.
DeleteA-Hem...I do believe I was the one lucky friend who you told you were going. I guess your hair dresser knows all!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed...glad you had 5th row!!! AWESOME!
Oh that's right! The hair dresser does know all!
DeleteThanks for the post, Jodee. I can always count on you for at least one super un-flattering picture of me!! No, just kidding, I don't care and I loved all the pictures. Especially the one of me and Boston!! Thanks for going with me sweetie, it was so much fun! Can't wait to see you - when? John's graduation??
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous! Sounds like so much fun. I love the picture of your mom and Boston. So sweet!
ReplyDelete